Good landscaping enhances the curb appeal of your house. It also keeps the surroundings clean. Here are some great landscape design ideas that you can choose from.
- If you have a curve in your landscape, your eyes will follow it around. You can create a plant bed or walkway. You can grow colorful flowers in the plant bed to make the garden look more enticing. You can use a marking paint or powdered limestone to mark the ground. The curve makes a beautiful landscape scene.
- If you have a small outdoor space, you can make it larger and interesting with some techniques. You can partially obscure the views of the garden inside by planting some trees. This will create a mysterious look, and people would want to see what lies beyond. Your garden also will not look that small anymore. You can have stone and gravel steps that will go down beyond your field of view. Having light-colored steps will make it stand out from the greeneries surrounding it.
- You can use pooling and channeling to lead people through certain space. You can have a combination of a narrow walkway and open space so that people can vary their motion. They tend to walk faster through narrow passageways and pause in an open space. You can create a grassed walk that will reach an open space where people will be able to pause. Your garden will look beautiful if you use this technique.
- You can create lookouts for having wonderful views. It can be elevated locations like the top of a slope or a rock bridge. It is a place where we can pause and enjoy the view.
- You can add beautiful hedges to your garden.They can be used to define small pots and block unwanted views. If you can keep the hedges in good shape, your landscape will look good.
These are only some ideas to improve the look of your landscape. You can find hundreds of lovely landscape design ideas in various gardening blogs. You can hire a professional to do your landscaping works.